PERSONAL PROFILE & PHILSOPHY
Dr. Thaddeus S. Boucrée is one of the few fully trained Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons in the country. He has a worldwide reputation as a leader in the field of plastic surgery and trains surgical residents in the St Barnabas Health System.
Dr. Boucrée knew he wanted to become a surgeon early in his childhood, when his sister sustained major burns to her face and neck.
During her treatment and healing process he understood that he wanted to help people who sustained life-altering injuries that not only impacted their health, but also their self-esteem and quality of life.
Dr. Boucrée decided to pursue his medical education and advanced training in plastic and reconstructive surgery, microsurgery, craniofacial, burn, and maxillofacial surgery with a goal to help patients achieve their face and body reconstructive and aesthetic goals.
To help patients understand how aesthetic surgery and procedures can help them to achieve their goals, he begins with an extensive conversation about their aesthetic concerns and desired enhancements.
Dr. Boucrée aspires not to make someone look 20 years younger, but vigorous, vibrant, and vivacious. His surgical techniques achieve facial rejuvenation, with a balance of natural-looking results.
Dr. Boucrée’s extensive training and surgical techniques are transformative in the field of cosmetic facial surgery. With his Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgical expertise, he not only meets but often exceeds patient expectations. Whether it’s a primary or revision facelift or rhinoplasty, he balances a skillful surgical technique with the highest patient satisfaction. Dr. Boucrée also specializes in gender confirmation with an emphasis on facial feminization surgical procedures.
“This review is long over due… Dr. Boucrée did an amazing job with my rhinoplasty. He was extremely thorough in explaining my procedure so that nothing would come as a surprise. He had such a kind and gentle nature and truly made me feel so comfortable. This procedure gave me such confidence and everyone that knew me before is complimentary of the work. I can’t thank him enough and would recommend him to anyone looking for a plastic surgeon!!!!”
THADDEUS S. BOUCRÉE, MD EDUCATION AND ADVANCED SURGICAL TRAINING
- Graduated top in his class from the University of the District of Columbia and began his medical career with a dual focus on dentistry and medicine.
- Obtained his medical degree from Meharry Medical College in Nashville (2007), followed by a plastic and reconstructive surgery residency at the Henry Ford Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan
- Completed fellowships in three areas, including the prominent Craniofacial Fellowship at Miami Children’s Hospital under world-renowned plastic surgeon, S.A. Wolfe, MD, where he received extensive facial and esthetic plastic surgery training.
- Completed Head and Neck Oncology Fellowship at the University of Maryland.
- Completed a Burn Fellowship, Eskenazi Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Completed 4 years of dental school at the University of Southern California followed by an oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the Martin Luther King Jr. / Drew Medical Center at UCLA, Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Boucrée practices Head and Neck Surgery as a member of the Oral & Maxillofacial Department at St. Joseph Hospital, Breast Reconstruction at Newark Beth Israel, as a member of the General Surgery Department, wound care and lower extremity reconstruction at Mountainside Hospital, as a member of the Plastic Surgery Department, and facial feminization surgery and body contouring as a part of his private practice services provided at Bond Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Boucrée is extensively published, including:
Multiple chapters in Ferraro’s Fundamental of Maxillofacial Surgery
Management of the Chin in Rhinoplasty Patients, Third Edition, Dallas Rhinoplasty: Nasal Surgery by The Masters, Third Edition
– Articles, such as, Exploring The Extended Latissimus Dorsi Myocutaneous Flap and Posterior Iliac Bone Graft; How Much Is Enough, Reconstruction of the Upper Lip with the Abbe’ Flap- a 38-year Retrospective Analysis, Artiss, A Fribin Sealant Used in the Burn Population, Ear Molding Using Hyaluronidase in the Pediatric Population.
He traveled internationally to present a guest lecture at the Shandong Provincial Hospital in Jinan, China.
His mission work has taken him all over the world, providing reconstructive surgery to people in China, Mexico, and Jamaica.